Finding the right crystal can be a daunting task. There are hundreds upon hundreds of crystals out there, and different people have different meanings and properties that they attribute to them.
As a beginner starting to learn about crystals and their meanings, you may wonder what the right crystal is for you. With so many choices available, finding the right one cannot seem easy.
We’ve compiled a list of all known crystals with their meanings and some basic information about those crystals to help you narrow down the process and find the one for you.
Amethyst is said to help build a strong connection with yourself, others, and the world around you. It is also said to encourage love in all its forms, from self-love to romantic love.
Amethyst is an excellent stone to wear as an amulet because it helps strengthen the immune system and keep you calm and smiling.
- Chakra: Sacral/Solar Plexus
- Best for: Love, Healing, and Self-Love
- How to Use: Wear amethyst jewelry or keep it with you if you want to raise your vibration or align your chakras and protect yourself from negativity.
Aventurine is said to be a positive stone that diffuses negative emotions and carries the energy of prosperity. It is also said to reinforce leadership, promote compassion and encourage perseverance.
Aventurine can help stimulate ideas and encourages us to move forward in life and strive for our dreams.
- Chakra: Heart/Third Eye
- Best for: Promoting Prosperity and Encouraging Compassion in Your Life.
- How to Use: Aventurine is usually a strong stone and can be used in many different ways. You can wear them as a pendant or bracelet, carry them as an amulet, or keep them with you anywhere you go.
3. Black Tourmaline
Black tourmaline is said to dissolve negative energy and remove any blockage that is present in your chakras and life. This stone also helps you release anger, fear, and any other negative emotions that you may have.
Black tourmaline has a very strong protective property like most black stones, so if you are one who often attracts negativity, then this stone will help repel it.
- Chakra: Third eye, Root Chakra
- Best for: Grounding, Healing, Protection from Negativity, and Cleansing Your Emotions and Chakras.
- How to Use: You can wear black tourmaline as a choker or pendant, hold a piece in your hand or keep it near your third eye and sacral chakra.
4. Blue Turquoise
Blue turquoise is very common in jewelry and a very popular stone to use as a protection stone. It’s related to healing and purification, clearing out negative energy and bringing in new positive energy.
Blue turquoise is relatively inexpensive, so if you’re looking for something cheap, this could be the perfect alternative.
- Chakra: Third Eye, Crown
- Best for: Healing/Purification (in particular clearing out negative energy), protection from outside influences. Protection from negative energies or bad luck
- How to Use: Wear blue turquoise jewelry or purchase a piece to use as a healing crystal on your body (necklace, bracelet, etc.). Put it on your chakras or wherever you feel it needs to be as protection from outside influences.
5. Black Agate
Black agate is said to be a stone of success and courage. It allows you to overcome obstacles and shows you the way to victory over the difficulties in your life.
Being an athlete will help your body recover from strenuous exercise, mental tasks, and stressful situations.
It is beneficial for business, career, and balancing work with family. This crystal will allow you to build up your knowledge and help interpret the world around you through logic.
- Chakra: Heart, Sacral
- Best for: Success, Courage, Leadership
- How to Use: Wear a ring or a pendant with black agate as an amulet of protection.
6. Clear Quartz
Clear quartz is an excellent stone for you to have in your life. Not just for energy work, but the physical aspects as well. It can help improve your physical health, mental concentration, and clarity and keep your back healthy.
If you’re a girl who has period cramps, clear quartz can also alleviate pain during menstruation by encouraging feelings of calmness, peace, and balance.
- Chakra: Sacral/Solar Plexus
- Best for: Physical Health, Mental Clarity, Energy Work, and Boosting Your Chakras
- How to Use: Wear a crystal clear quartz on the sacral chakra of your body if you want to improve the physical portion of your life. You can also keep it in your car to clear out any negative energy.
Citrine is a yellow-green glassy stone with a crystal form resembling a lemon. It is a peaceful and healing stone that brings prosperity and joy.
Citrine activates the heart and lungs, boosting the immune system to protect the body from disease. It can be used to bring more insight into the mind, increasing intuition and awareness.
Citrine is also good for opening you up and boosting your communication skills.
- Chakra: Third eye and root.
- Best for: Cheerfulness, happiness, vitality, and physical energy
- How to Use: Hold or wear citrine in the Third Eye Chakra, which will help you understand your inner feelings and reach a beautiful state of happiness. You can also meditate with citrine, which will help you implement fresh ideas quickly.
Carnelian is an orange gemstone that gives courage, energy, and determination. It boosts the immune system and stimulates sexuality, which makes it as a good crystal for trust and relationship.
Carnelian increases focus and concentration, increasing vitality and motivation to create a burst of productivity. It is also suitable for grounding during meditation.
Carnelian restores vitality, motivation, and creativity when feeling stagnant or idling. It also assists in developing your goals – whether they are business-related or personal in nature.
- Chakra: Adrenal and sacral
- Best for: Energy, motivation, creativity, confidence, and initiative.
- How to use: Wear or carry one in your pocket or purse when you need a little extra boost, for example, when you are trying to make the most of a meeting. Alternatively, if you want to encourage creativity or develop an idea into a full-blown project, strengthen your bond with Carnelian by keeping it with your workspace.
Fluorite is a blue gemstone with a crystal form that resembles eggs or footballs. It is very calming and can help to relieve stress and tension. Fluorite can help with mental clarity as it stimulates the mind to achieve tasks efficiently.
It also helps with entering a new state of creativity, bringing out your inner vision, and enabling you to see things from whole new perspectives.
Fluorite helps one develop the ability to pinpoint their true purpose in life and keep it on track when tackling challenges – both in life and work.
- Chakra: Throat and third eye
- Best for: Stress relief, relaxation, self-expression, mental clarity, and concentration
- How to use: Carry one in your pocket or hold one during meditation. You can also place a Fluorite crystal near your study table to help concentrate.
10. Green Aventurine
Green Aventurine is one of the most popular healing crystals and has many uses. It can help you learn and recognize new things easily and creates a connection between the conscious and subconscious minds.
- Chakra: Heart /Third Eye
- Best for: Learning, Confidence, Creativity
- How to Use: Wear green aventurine jewelry or keep it near your third eye. It can help you learn things fast and remember new information.
Moonstone is a stone for inner clarity. It will help you release toxic emotions and cycles in your life and can also promote mental and physical healing.
It does this by helping you understand why the cycle happened and what you can do to avoid it in the future.
Moonstone is also a crystal which can help you find clarity in your reality and notice the changes within your life.
- Chakra: Sacral, Heart
- Best for: Clarity, Inner Peace, and Healing
- How to Use: You can wear the moonstone as a pendant on your chest or neck or keep it near your heart chakra. It is said that wearing moonstone can clear toxins from the body and make us feel lighter and more energetic.
Hematite is the red version of iron oxide. Hematite balances, grounds, and protects the body. It helps to boost confidence and provide a joyful state of mind by strengthening your emotional balance and mental clarity.
Hematite can help you be more assertive, improving your ability to communicate effectively with others.
Hematite is also known as a stone that protects one from negativity and psychic attack by absorbing excess electromagnetic energies that are being sent out into the world when used with feng shui intention.
- Chakra: Root
- Best for: Absorbing negative energies, relieving stress, enhancing your mood and sense of calm.
- How to use: Place hematite near your Smartphone, laptop, or other electronic device or carry one in your pocket. This will help you feel more balanced as it absorbs negative energies sent into the world.
Jade is a translucent green gemstone (not to be confused with green quartz). It symbolizes purity, serenity, and peace. Jade is a stone of harmony that can assist with moving forward.
It helps you to accept change and let go, improving self-esteem and making it easier for you to pull out of negative states of mind and into a positive mindset. Jade balances emotions, relieves stress, and calms anger.
- Chakra: Heart
- Best for: Peace, calmness, stress relief, and acceptance
- How to use: Carry or wear jade close to the heart chakra when you feel stressed or angry and let it promote inner peace in your body while clearing your mind.
Kyanite is a blue gemstone with a crystal structure that resembles a flower. Kyanite helps one to remain calm and centered, even when faced with difficult situations.
It is an excellent stone for meditation as it accesses deeper states of self-awareness on the spiritual level.
Kyanite triggers creativity and imagination, unleashing your potential to produce beautiful works of art and inspiring ideas.
- Chakra: Third eye, navel, and heart
- Best for: Meditation, clarity, and balance.
- How to Use: Carry or wear kyanite in your third eye, navel, or heart chakra to help you remain calm when things get out of control. This stone also works well with feng shui as it will enhance a home or office in which it is placed – making it a great addition to the Feng Shui Bag of Holding.
15. Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli is a blue-grey translucent stone with an unusual fracture pattern. This is a powerful stone that helps you to develop psychic abilities, wisdom, and enlightenment.
Lapis Lazuli also assists with spiritual growth, revealing hidden truths about the world and helping one to access the mystical realms.
It stimulates the pineal gland and allows one to achieve balance when it comes to dealing with stress and upsets in life.
- Chakra: Throat
- Best for: Psychic development, accessing inner wisdom, spiritual growth, peace of mind.
- How to Use: Carry or wear Lapis Lazuli close to your throat chakra when you need assistance from the spiritual realms. When used with feng shui, lapis lazuli will boost energy and harmony within a home, office, or garden.
16. Moss Agate
This is a small, opaque stone that is green in color. It is said to bring tranquility and emotional balance, helping the wearer to keep calm under pressure. Moss Agate is a good stone for meditation as it helps you relax and enter a meditative state.
- Chakra: Heart
- Best for: Meditation, calming emotions and emotional balance, stress relief.
- How to use: Wear or carry one when it’s time to rest, as moss agate will help you relax after a long day of work.
17. Purple Fluorite
This purple gemstone is a form of fluorite used in feng shui. It can protect the chakra areas and physical body, helping one to overcome illness and disease.
Purple Fluorite promotes healing of the heart, kidney, and liver – three organs that each carry their own specific chakras. Purple Fluorite will also calm anger and soothe your emotions.
- Chakra: Heart and Crown
- Best for: Healing anger, calming emotions, protection from disease and illness.
- How to use: Carry a piece of fluorite in your pocket or place it near your work desk to promote calmness and protection.
Pyrite is a robust and sparkly brown stone with a metallic silver-golden or bluish-green color and often has a gray line running through it. Pyrite is also called Fool’s Gold, as fools often use it as an ornament or trinket.
It is said to increase confidence and bring abundance by feng shui intention, heightening one’s sense of self and improving one’s sex drive.
- Chakra: Root
- Best for: Abundance, confidence, and protection.
- How to use: Carry a piece of Pyrite with you in your pocket when you need an emotional boost of confidence and motivation. This stone can balance the heart chakra and reduce stress when used with feng shui intention.
The Opal stone is a symbol of hope, purity, and truth. It balances the base chakras and helps you find inner peace. It brings unconditional love, joy, and peace to those who feel lost in the world around them.
Opal also absorbs negative energy from others and gives us the strength to overcome any obstacles that come our way.
- Chakra: Sacral- Heart/Crown
- Best for: Happiness, Love, Radiant Health, Inner Peace & Spiritual Transmutation.
- How to Use: Wear opal jewelry or carry a piece with you if you want to raise your vibration or align your chakras and protect yourself from negativity.
20. Red Jasper
Jasper is said to be a grounding stone and will promote stability, balance, and harmony. It helps you accept your truth, find your identity and protect yourself from the outside world. The energy of red jasper can help you feel strong and energetic.
- Chakra: Root and Heart
- Best for: Grounding, Passion, Protection from Negativity.
- How to Use: Red jasper is usually a strong stone and can be used in many different ways. You can wear them as a pendant or bracelet, carry them as an amulet, or keep them with you anywhere you go.
Selenite is said to promote peace, calm, and clarity. It helps us find balance in our lives and grow mentally. Selenite is excellent for meditation because it will make you feel peaceful and safe.
- Chakra: Third Eye, Crown, and Sacral
- Best for: Mental Clarity, Inner Peace, Meditation & Heightened Psychic Ability
- How to Use: Wear selenite jewelry or carry a piece with you if you want to raise your vibration or align your chakras and protect yourself from negativity. Selenite stones are usually powerful gems that can be used in many ways.
Shungite has been used for thousands of years as an excellent healing stone. It helps heal the mind, body, and soul and can help you connect to your higher self.
Many people use shungite to help them cope with emotional trauma and to heal their hearts. It is said that shungite can help make you feel happy and cheerful every day.
- Chakra: Third Eye/Heart/Crown
- Best for: Healing the Mind, Body, & Soul
- How to Use: Shungite is said to be one of the best stones you can use for healing. It can be used in many ways, including wearing it around your neck as a pendant, carrying it in your pocket, or keeping it underneath your pillow.
As a new crystal seeker, you have many options in where to begin. It can be overwhelming at first, but stick with it, and soon you will find the one for you.
Choosing the right crystal can take some time and effort when you first start out.
You should not give up on it if you find yourself discouraged or confused by your choices. Like anything else, when you study the effects of crystals, their properties, and what they are made from, the process of selecting a crystal actually becomes easier.